Friday, July 17, 2009
On Wednesday July 15th, I went to see an orthopedic surgeon for my knees, which have been giving me problems for years. To help diagnose my problem he suggested he inject one of my knees with a cortisone shot to see if it helped the pain. If the knee that didn't have the shot stayed the same and the one with the shot got better we would know what the problem is and could then come up with a plan of action. Did I mention I have a phobia of needles. Lets just say I got the shot and it HURT! The first few hours I felt fine, then my knee became stiff and I had throbbing pain shooting from my knee to my ankle and it was difficult to walk. We went to see Harry Potter that night and Riley and Abbey had to help me walk. Luckily the next day the pain was almost gone. I really hope that I do not need surgery to fix my knee problem. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family to help me walk and help me feel better.