Friday, July 17, 2009
On Tuesday July 7th, we were at a birthday party for a good friend when I was ambushed by our bishop. He asked me to give a talk during sacrament. He said it would be easy because it was only eight minutes and it was on the comforter. I only had four days to prepare and four days and five nights to wallow in anxiety. I started writing down all of my thoughts and talked with Jon a lot. We were really busy that week; we had two birthday parties, two doctors apts., we went to the movies, went to dinner twice and rented movies. I didn't sleep well that week, thankfully Jon helped me by organizing my thoughts into something that made some sense, yeah for great husbands. My anxiety was so bad that I had acid in my throat for 24 hours before Sunday. Sunday came and I gave my talk and boar my testimony, but I do not have any recollection of what I said. I am not sure if it is a blessing or a curse to not be able to remember what I said, I do remember all of my uncontrollable fidgeting. OH well, at least it is over and I don't have to worry about that for another four years.