Monday, May 11, 2009
I was just thinking how sad it is that most people now days are closed off and live in judgement of people, politics and religion. If we all just searched diligently and with an open heart we would be kinder, more loving and open to others and the differences we all have. If we don't know about something, we shouldn't assume things, we should ask questions and find the answers. I know every religion has things in them that are sacred and not talked about openly, in essence that is showing respect, there are places all over the world that not everyone has access to, it doesn't mean you aren't worthy, just not in a space of understanding and when you finally do understand you will be received with open arms. Being of the LDS faith has shown me how to really love and how to be open and embrace the differences in others. The things I don't understand (and there are many), I try and accept anyway because that is what Heavenly Father would want me to do. I find it sad that people label the LDS church in a negative way, every church and every political avenue have negative people in them but that doesn't mean they are the church or political group. Every organization will have a few bad seeds because people are fallible and make mistakes. I tell my children that we are not our mistakes and if we repent and make restitution we will be forgiven and that sometimes the only thing required is an apology. Having a loving and supportive pillar of support is critical for a well balanced and open minded person to thrive and I believe with all my heart that the LDS church is the one for me and my family. I hope everyone can find their pillar and hold on tight because this world is changing fast and we will all need our pillars for strength.