This is from my favorite book, "The Little Soul and the Sun"
And so, the agreement was made. And the Little Soul went forth into a new lifetime, excited to be the Light, which was very special, and excited to be that part of special called Forgiveness.
And the Little Soul waited anxiously to be able to experience itself as Forgiveness, and to thank whatever other soul made it possible.
And at all the moments in that new lifetime, whenever a new soul appeared on the scene, whether that new soul brought joy or sadness--and especially if it brought sadness--the Little Soul thought of what God had said.
"Always remember," God had smiled, "I have sent you nothing but Angels."
I try to always remember that to be forgiven, I should always forgive, and even though it isn't always easy or quick, it is possible and that I should take baby steps, in the direction of forgiveness and healing. No one is perfect, especially me, and if I take my steps, eventually, I will have complete forgiveness for others and myself and a whole heart full of love, patience, compassion and especially forgiveness. Life is a journey worth enjoying!