Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I just realized that everything is a choice. Whether we are happy, sad, hurt, angry, how we are in relationships.

All relationships require work and marriages require more work than other relationships. If you want to have happiness in a marriage, it requires you to choose to love the way Heavenly Father commanded us to love.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres." (1 Cor. 13:4–7,) The first two commandments is to Love; Love God and Love thy neighbor as thy self.  Love is everything. Love never ends.

Why do marriages end in divorce? Some would say for many reasons and they would be right, if they were looking at the surface. I believe there really is only one reason marriages fail and that is because they choose too.

To love the way we are commanded by God to love, takes an everyday commitment of 100%. It is a choice we make everyday, to love our spouse the way God intended, whether they choose the same or not. If both spouses make the commitment and choose to love each other the way God intended, then the marriage is unbreakable and both feel happy, loved and safe.

Before we can love another, we must love ourselves. I just learned that fact. When I made the choice to love me, my wall finally fell and all the brokenness went away. Everyday, I still have to make the choice to love me and some days it is hard, but I do it. I choose to practice forgiveness and to Love the way God intended for us to Love. Will it be hard and a lot of work? Yes, but I believe that it will be worth it in the end and Love really can cure all things!